alas, the many distracting sideways journeys that detour the progress of the album’s completion. years have passed while i’ve wracked my brain and tortured my ears with hundreds, even thousands, of repeated listens to music that needs finishing. only recently have i begun to just declare warts and all an acceptable product, because i just don’t have enough time on my hands anymore…and the thought of dying having done a lot with little to show for it is not a very welcome one.
so on that, uh, note – a bit of the awesome happened this weekend. while i didn’t finish the album (that’d be the sleep-ins, songs about girls and outer space), the final track count looks to be 8 songs and here’s how it looks (listen to most of these at ingot rock):
- silver state – is finished(?) although i might still have to dial back the ‘shimmer’ on the drums.
- chrome skull cap & matching codpiece – also finished(?), not sure about one vocal trick in there
- angelina – is finished!
- running out here – might be finished as of last night…
- tonya, extraplanetary spaceship girl – thought i had the magic but another listen says otherwise; vocals just too rough.
- astro-not – could be finished; this one got a cool treatment a la the warriors.
- desert song – is done.
- bug on my face – stef came up with what he calls a final mix, but man, those vocals…
not exactly a magnum opus, but a nice project nonetheless. there might be exactly zero people waiting for me to finish this, incidentally. ok, that’s not true. there must be at least 3 australians. and a couple of english gits. but no americans. maybe i should rename it ‘death panels’…